Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 2nd

Hi, my name is Candace & I'm bad with blogging on time.  There it is, I feel better now about posting my post for yesterday, today.  Wait, guess who FORGOT to take a picture yesterday *raises hand*, so apparently June 2nd just wasn't my day.

Since I don't have any pictures I will give a tid-bit of advice to take up space :)

My life is a huge mess.  Cheerios on the floor (until Oreo notices them anyways), unfolded clothes on the couch, toys everywhere, the whole shabang.  I admit, we totally LIVE in our living room & you can tell.  I do love organization, but with a darling sweet little almost-11 month old monkey to chase after (or who is chasing me) it just doesn't seem to get done.  One thing that I do that makes my life about 100 times easier is meal planning.  I get excited to find new recipes and jot them on my 'next time we go grocery shopping I'm for sure getting these ingredients because my mouth is watering just reading about it' list.

We went to the grocery store last night once Justin got of work & stocked up.  Odd to do "meal planning" in the middle of the week but oh well...here is our meal plans, on a wednesday!

*wednesday night- Hamburger Helper (no one likes to go spend an hour at the grocery store then come home and cook for a hour, ya know?)
*thursday night- Chicken & Dumplings & a veggie or two
*friday night- Lemon Pepper Chicken, pasta salad & asparagus
*saturday night- Tenderloin & veggies in the crockpot
*sunday night- Oven Kabobs & baked potatoes
*monday night- Chili-cornbread bake
*tuesday night- Chicken Nachos
*wednesday night- Taco Soup

I also usually make a 'breakfast', 'lunch', & 'sweets n' snacks' list for quick thinking

*breakfast- blueberry muffins, cereal, grits, scrambled eggs & toast, banana waffles, blueberry pancakes, oatmeal & bananas

*lunch- egg salad sandwiches, lumpy pizza, hotdogs & mac n' cheese, pb&j's, veggie plate, tortellini, LEFTOVERS, grilled cheese

*sweets n' snacks- brownies, wheat thins, frozen blueberries, granola bars, icecream, raw veggies & ranch, grahmn crackers, goldfish, fruit smoothies

There it is.  Life is a little bit easier for the mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment