Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 5th

1 year ago I wondered when I would finally be able to walk into Chili's without the thought of barfing because let me tell you when I was pregnant that restaurant smelled so gross to me.  I wondered what it would feel like to sleep on my tummy again & not have a pillow fort supporting myself in the bed.  I wondered what this little miracle I had growing inside of me looked like, would he have my curly hair?  Would he have Justin's eye color?   One year ago today, I would have only a mere month until I met that precious little boy in my tummy.
Now a year later, I'm planning a 1st birthday party.  I'm washing diapers & picking up blocks.  I know that Logan has my eyes & otherwise looks a spitting image of his daddy.  I know that there is nothing that compares to my little monkey's big huge slobbery kisses.  I know that he is borderline obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba & would stop on a dime if he heard it on the TV.

I know that I'm a parent now & a damn good one if you ask me.

I love my sweet baby bear, I love being a mommy of a little boy, I love having this huge responsibility of raising a little person, I love big slobbery kisses, I love the snuggles & cuddles, I love all of it!

It's so hard for me to believe that Logan is 11 months old today.  We are so close to a year old, I feel it on the tip of my tongue when people ask me how old he is, "he will be ONE on July 5th". ONE.  Did someone smack me over the head with a pan?  Did I birth him, black out & then wake up and here he is already almost a year?  Nope...I was there.

For every milestone, for every nursing, for every splash in the tub, for everything.  It's been so amazing but SO fast!  Here he is today, a chatter box babbling up a storm, standing like a big boy, eating anything & everything you put in front of him, drinking out of a straw sippy cup (I thought I would have never seen the day!), dancing, clapping, calling us & our animals by our 'names', the most loving little 11 month old ever.
& good gah isn't he the cutest when he sleeps?  I feel like I should always have a recent sleeping picture of him because it's so darn precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment