Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 5th - one. year. old.

It's so hard to believe that my sweet little boy is one year old today.  My heart flutters thinking about this day a year ago.  How perfect it was, the absolute most beautiful day of my entire life.  I get a lump in my throat as 11:33am creeps closer, the moment he was born.  It's like it's not real until then, he isn't one year old until then.
They handed him right to me, all 8 pounds 8.2 ounces of pure perfection.  We looked at him for as long as they let us, drinking it all in.  I remember how I couldn't believe this perfect little human was inside me, that he was ours.
So little & so perfect.
& now look, so big and perfect.  One year worth of smiles, giggles, snuggles & lovies that melt me to the core.  Our lives revolve around this little boy.
He had a wonderful day, hung out by the pool, opened presents & ate cake.  I am really excited to see what he thinks of his big party on Saturday because he loved cake & presents!
Happy 1st Birthday sweet boy, we love you so very much & you light up our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment